Women on Tap presents: A Conversation on Women & Beer.
In association with Northern Monk Refectory and Leeds Beer Week.
Join Women On Tap and a panel of industry folk for a hosted discussion around women & beer in one of Leeds’ coolest spaces.
We will talk about:
- The women working in the beer industry today, taking a look at some of those roles and achievements.
- The women who we feel have been trailblazing to date, and those who are the ones to watch.
- Today’s brewsters and the breweries under female influence.
- What we believe are the very best ‘lady beers’ around.
- Some of the festivals, social groups, bloggers and other enthusiasts flying the flag for women and beer.
- What women beer drinkers really want from the industry today.
- Membership organisations, discussing their relevance and how well they are listening.
- And – following on from the recent Manchester Beer Week debate – we’ll tackle the subject of industry sexism….
Time permitting, our panel will take questions from the audience at the end of the discussion.
- Katie Marriot, Owner & Brewer at Nomadic Beers, Leeds, plus Vice Chair for Leeds CAMRA.
- Richard Park, Owner of The Little Ale House micropub in Harrogate.
- Gulen Smith, Director & Co-founder of Steam Machine Brewing Co
- Stephanie Shuttleworth, Freelance Beer Marketing and Operations Consultant at MASH
Followed by a Women On Tap Social at Northern Monk Refectory, 3-5pm.
The Old Flax Store
Leeds LS11 9YJ
See all events